Knowledge & Learning Resource Centre of SDMCET acts as a resource hub of the college and is easily accessible to its users providing uncompromising information to its users in a fully integrated and dynamic environment. The functional infrastructure, state of art facility & well trained staff of the center provides a good ambience for self-learning. Excellent support from both Management & Users has geared to build extensive collection of conventional as well as digital formats.
The automated services are accessible on the Campus wide network (24×7) through library web pages. The web pages provide comprehensive information about library resources and services. High quality resources support learning and research. The Library has automated its functions to increase efficiency in routine activities and enable easy search of the bibliographic details of the holdings through EPAC (E-Catalogue).The library supports wifi access for all its online resources in the college and hostels supported by remote access outside the campus. Digital Library helps to access all digital content & previous year question papers of the center accessible on the campus wide network.
Library is centrally located in the campus housed in independent building having a plinth area of over 2500 Sq mtrs, having total seating capacity of 550 students at a time. The Library has over 60,000 volumes which are updated regularly by way of adding new collections in diverse formats in the form of text books, reference books, reports, proceedings, abstracts & indexes, encyclopedias, data books, standards (National & International) Journals, Audio Visual resources, CDs, educational videos and thesis/reports.
Library is automated by using EASYLIB-Library management software. It is a multi-user package for effective management of a library from all aspects. Online catalogue of the library and the e-resources can be accessed on the campus network. The library subscribes to nearly 121 Technical Periodicals and More than 8600 International e-journals from IEL, Springer Link, Taylor and Francis, Science Direct and ProQuest. In addition there are more than 2000 Bound volumes of journals, 2500 CD’s & DVD’S, & IS Standards.
Guidance and assistance is available from any member of Library staff. More Information about how we can help you make best use of our resources can be found in the using the Library section of our pages. We hope you find these pages useful and informative.
Library Services & Facilities
- OVER NIGHT ISSUE BOOK
- BOOK LENDING
- BOOK BANK FOR CATEGORY STUDENTS
- INTER LIBRARY LOAN SERVICE
- WIFI ENABLED
- USER AWARENESS PROGRAMS SERVICE
- PERIODICAL SERVICES
- DIGITAL LIBRARY
- CURRENT AWARENESS SERVICE [NEW ARRIVALS]
- SPECIAL ENCOURAGEMENT SCHEME FOR TOPPERS & SPORTS SERVICES
- CD-DVD SERVICE
- NEWS PAPER CLIPPING SERVICE.
- REFERENCE & REFERRALSERVICE.
- REQUEST A PURCHASE.
- 24/7 ACCESS TO E-RESOURCES.
- COLLECTION OF PREVIOUS QUESTION PAPERS
The library collection includes following types/numbers of documents.
|International Journals (e-Journals)||8000 Plus|
ORGANIZATION OF COLLECTIONS
|Ground Floor||Circulation Section, Web EPAC, Book Bank Section.|
|First Floor||Librarian Chamber, Reception Counter, Reprography Section, Book Processing Section, News papers-Periodical Section, Reading Room I, Reading Room II, Reading Room for PG Student /Staff Reading-III, Digital Library, Reference Section, & Book Bank Section.|
E – Journals
- IEEE Online
- Elsevier eJournals – 304 Journals (Back Issues from 2010)
Subject Category: Engineering + CS + EE + ME + EC and CV
- Springer Nature eJournals – 690 Journals (Back Issues from 1997)
Subject Category: EE+ME+CV+CS (Allied Subject) Chemistry and Material Science Mathematics Physics
- Taylor & Francis eJournals–555 Journals (Back Issues from 2010) Subject Category: Engineering + CSE + ME + CV + Architecture and Allied Science
- Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) eJournals – 31 Journals + Conference Proceedings
Emerald eJournals – 120 Journals
Subject Category: Management
Knimbus: Digital Library,Remote Access Solution & Mobile App.
DELNET eJournals – 400 eJournals
Subject Category: Engineering & Allied Subjects.
Kopykitab – VTU Virtual-Library. (You can Login by providing your E-mail ID)
It has five categories for your convenience,
- Course material – textbooks.
- E-journals, magazine & resources.
- Competition section.
- Leisure read.
- VTU Study materials.
- NetAnalytiks’ Sententia: Sententia is An Assistive Tool for analysis, Quick editor, Analytics dashboard, and assistive tool for students and professionals. Sententia helps in cultivating good writing habit.
- Turnitin* – Plagiarism Originality Online Check.
End user Licenses: 1. Instructor profile 2. Student’s profile
NOTE: Subscribed E-Resources can be accessible outside the SDMCET campus through Knimbus Remote Access. Kindly visits the above website click on sign in (To Login mention your email ID as username & the password is “knimbus@2018”).
E – Books
The library is a member of VTU Consortium for accessing e-resources (e-Books). The following are the resources subscribed through the VTU consortium 2019-20.
1. Elsevier eBooks– 436 E-Books (Perpetual Access)
2. Taylor & Francis eBooks– 4950 E-Books (Perpetual Access)
3. McGraw Hill Education eBooks – 505 E-Books(Four Year Subscription Model)
4. New Age International eBooks 220 E-Books (Perpetual Access)
5. Packt eBooks – 5002 E-Books (Perpetual Access)
6. Pearson eBooks – 153 E-Books
7. DELNET eBooks –
NOTE: The Above Subscribed E-Resources can be accessible outside the SDMCET campus through Knimbus Remote Access. URL:
Important web links& other subscribed Contents are available through Online.
- Previous Year Question Papers (Digital Library)
- EPAC –The Library Search Engine. The Library Search Engine is a web-enabled search engine that can be accessed on Intranet, as well as on Internet. EPAC can be used to browse/search for an item (book/non-book), along with its details and the availability of books in our library.
- NPTEL (E – Learing)
- National Digital Library of India
- The Institution of Engineers (India)