The Industry Institute Interface Cell was established at SDMCET in 2016. Over the years, considerable progress has been made and the academic departments have been carrying out various activities envisaged with the support from the CIII Cell, as deemed to provide a
platform for both the students as well as faculty members to be aware of industry expectations of skill sets required for students. This enables students to be aware of the lacunae in their skills and provides an opportunity to upgrade them. It also enables Faculty
to be aware of industry expectations & train students to meet these expectations. The Center aims at achieving the following broad objectives.
- Promotion of testing and consultancy services in the college.
- Industry Study Tour Program (ISTP).
- To arrange industrial training/internship for the students.
- To arrange industrial training for the faculty.
- To organize industrial exhibitions.
- Involving industry personnel in delivering lectures on latest technological growth.
- Inviting eminent industrial personalities in the preparation of academic curriculum as per industry needs and other academic works of our institution.
- Organizing training programs in the college.
- Providing incubation facility.
- Promotion of entrepreneurship among the students.
- Generate funds from industry/other agencies for maintenance, development of the center.
- Any other activities related to Industry-Institute Interaction.
Industry Institute Interaction Meet 2017
The Industry-Institute Interaction would enhance mutual benefits when a interdependent relationship is developed between the two systems. The ultimate aim of this relationship will be the creation of confidence in industry by the Institute which would result industries involving voluntarily the Institute at various stages of its development.
Center for Industry Institute Interface of SDMCET has created a platform for one day Industry Institute Interaction on Thursday, 10th March 2017 focusing on deliberation of various issues like: Testing
and Consultancy, Research, Placements, Students Projects, Exchange of Experts between the Institute and Industry, Invited Guest lecture programs, Exchange of human resources and Curriculum upgrading.