|Posted on 27/01/2014 |
Departmental Activities 2013-14
Workshops / Seminar conducted during the 2013-14
1.Department has organized two week workshop on “Analog Electronics ” for faculties from various Engineering & Polytechnic colleges under IIT, Kharagapur, sponsored by NMEICT, MHRD, Govt. of India, during 4th June to 14th June 2013. The event was coordinated by Prof. Shrikanth K. Shirakol.
02.Department has organized one day workshop on “ Microcap” by V – semester students to III – semester students on 31.08.2013. The event was coordinated by Prof. S.V. Viraktamath.
03.Department has organized one day workshop on “Overview of ARM Microcontroller and its Applications:” for faculties from various Engineering colleges, teaching staff and PG students of Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering under TEQIP 1.2 on 28th September 2013. The event was coordinated by Prof. Shreedhar A. Joshi.
4. Department has organized one day workshop on “What students should focus to be successful Engineer” on 13th September 2013. Mr. Basavaraj Mudigoudar, VP-Engineering, Fast VDO RMC Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore was the resource person. The event was coordinated by Prof. M.Vijay Kumar.
5. Department has organized one day workshop on “Soft Skills” sponsored by TEQIP 1.2 for academically challenged students of UG final year and PG students held on 12th October 2013. Workshop was coordinated by Prof. Kotresh Marali and Prof. Shrikant Shirakol.
Workshops / Seminar conducted during the 2012-13
1.Department has organised a One-Day Workshop on “Entrepreneurship Skills for Small Scale Industries (SSI)” for V Semester E & C E students on 08th September 2012. The resource persons were Dr. P. B. Roodagi, Director, K. L. E. Society’s Institute of Management Studies and Research (IMSR), BVBCET Campus, Hubli,Mr. B.S Revanakar, Former Director, CEDOK, Dharwad and Mr. Gaurav Shah, CEO, Seven Beans Coffee shop, Hubli. Prof. Shreedhar A. Joshi and Prof. Mahendra M. Dixit were coordinator of the workshop.
2. Department has organised one day Colloquium for final year students on “Industries expectations”: Alumni Perspective by inviting six senior distinguished Alumini of our Department who are working in reputed companies and institutions on 15/09/2012 (Saturday: Engineers Day). They are:
1 Mr. Sriranga Kadagadkai, IBM India Private LTD.,Bangalore
2. Mr. Satyanathan S., ASTUTIX Learning Private Ltd., Bangalore
3. Dr. Veena Chakravarthy, BNMIT, Bangalore.
4. Mrs. Anjali Malvia,TSEC, Bandra,Mumbai.
5. Mr.J.R Kotturshetter, LSI India R&D, Ltd.,Bangalore.
6. Mr. Hemant Nerulkar, Mindcraft Ltd.,Pune.
Prof. S.S.Kerur and Prof. M.M.Gadag were coordinator of the Colloquium.
3. Department has organized a talk on “MSP430” for V-semester students on 26.09.2012. The resource persons were Ms. Ashwini S. Karni & Ms. Archana P of M.Tech. III-semester. Event was coordinated by Prof. Jayashree C. Nidagundi & Prof. Mala L.Muddannavar.
4.Department has organized an interaction session to final year students on 22.09.12 with Mr. Anup Vernekar, our Department Alumni, first autonomous batch (2011) who is working for Accenture, Bangalore. Prof. S.V Viraktamath coordinated the event.
5.Department had organized a technical talk on “Recent Trends in Mobile Technologies” on 17th October 2012. The event was organized for V-semester students. The resource person was Mr. Pramod U., HiWi Communications Pvt Ltd.,Hubli. Prof. Jayashree C. Nidagundi and Prof. Sunil Mathad coordinated the event.
6. Department had organized one day seminar “Virtual Instrumentation” on 28.12.2012 for PG – students of Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering and Mechanical Engineering. The event was coordinated by Prof. S.V. Viraktamath
7..Department had organized a technical talk on “Speech Processing” on 22.1.2013 for PG students and faculty by Prof. Dr. Samudra Vijaya, School of Technology and Computer Science, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, 1 Homi Bhabha Road, Colaba, Mumbai. Prof. Dr, Vijaya C, Dean (Academic Prog.) coordinated the event.
8.A TEQIP 1.2 Sponsored two day colloquium on ‘Innovation and Transformation in Quality Professional Education’ (ITQPE 2013) has been organized by the SDM College of Engineering & Technology on the 8th & 9th of February 2013. The event is open to all the faculty of all institutions of the SDM Education Society
View Uploaded Details